[SDL] SDL 1.3 and rendering API state management

Antonio SJ Musumeci asm3072 at njit.edu
Mon Sep 4 08:25:01 PDT 2006

I don't see why this is a bad idea. API's like GStreamer and gdk-pixbuf
provide flexible plugin interfaces so the core library doesn't need to
change when someone wants to add some random format. Why must SDL be
monolithic and inflexible? I'd think it'd make package management a
whole lot easier too. It can always be done in a way so that they can be
external modules or built in to the library. I'd think it'd need that
anyway.