[SDL] Pop-up message box?

Sahan Chandrasekara sahanthegamecreator at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 02:41:22 PDT 2006

On Sunday 03 September 2006 16:05, Torsten Giebl wrote:
> Hello !
>

> If this could be a perf. problem
> pushing/poping the state for every vertice
> it should be no problem to have two calls
> like SDL_2D_Begin () / SDL_2D_End () surrounding all
> your blitting blocks.

That works, but that's the sort of explicit manual control I'm trying
to avoid. To some developer just trying to get some extra rendering
operations and a GUI toolkit or something in the same application, it
just looks like it's not really meant to be done.

Why not do it properly while we're at it? Unless there is a clean way
of getting "normal" SDL code to play along with code using OpenGL or
Direct3D directly, we're not really improving the situation much
compared to SDL 1.2.

.-------  http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples  -------.
|        http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine       |
|       http://audiality.org - Music/audio engine          |