[SDL] SDL 1.3 and rendering API state management

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Sun Sep 3 02:12:23 PDT 2006

> A simple solution would be some kind of mutual notification interface,
> so that SDL renderers can tell the application when they've messed
> with the API state, and vice versa.

Alternately, you can use glPushAttrib().

I don't think SDL should make _any_ promises about what it will or won't
touch in the GL stack if you are only using SDL's 2D facilities. Nor do
I think that any add-on library should be changing GL state between
calls. If you want to draw something, set your state, push some
polygons, and set the state back. Otherwise, you're talking about
locking down a fairly complicated set of promises (or specifying a
fairly complicated set of notification APIs).

--ryan.