[SDL] SDL 1.3 Update

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Tue Sep 12 01:57:08 PDT 2006

Just a little update, SDL 1.3 is available for playing with as a preview
snapshot here: http://www.libsdl.org/tmp/SDL-1.3.zip

Ryan has added a number of audio improvements, mostly with new 32-bit and
float audio formats, and I have continued to solidify the updated 2D video
API.  There are a lot of pieces still in flux, but feel free to check it
out and voice your thoughts on the progress so far.

Currently the following video drivers are supported:
Windows: OpenGL, Direct3D 9, GDI
Mac OS X: OpenGL
UNIX: OpenGL
General: Software on top of existing video drivers

Notice that the 3D drivers are implemented first, to make sure the new
API takes advantage of full 3D hardware acceleration, when available.

You can play with the files testwm2.c, testsprite2.c, testgl2.c in the
test directory to see some examples of using the new video API.

There are quite a few bugs and patches waiting in bugzilla, and as I
have time, I'll be adding them to subversion, thanks everyone!  Currently
my hands are full working on the expansion for World of Warcraft, and
getting ready for my family to all start school this fall. :)

Enjoy!
	-Sam Lantinga, Senior Software Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment