[SDL] SDL doesn't like C++...

Mark Bishop sealfin at sealfin.com
Sun Sep 10 13:30:16 PDT 2006

I'm currently setting up a 'new' machine (Dual 450Mhz G4, 1GB RAM, Mac
OS X 10.3.9), and I've run into a problem after installing the
development tools (Xcode 1.1) and SDL: whenever I try to compile a C++
project using SDL (even the SDL template-projects), I receive the
following error:

> ld: /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libstdc++.a(eh_exception.o) illegal
> reference to symbol: operator delete(void*) defined in indirectly
> referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib

These are the steps I've taken from a clean (but fully updated) install
of Mac OS X10.3.9 to try to install the development tools and SDL:

	1 	Installed Xcode 1.1 (Easy Install)
	2 	Copied SDL.framework 1.2.9 to /Library/Frameworks/
	3 	Installed the SDL 1.2.8 development project-templates et al via the
.pkg installer.
	4 	Compiled a C++ Tool template-project, no problem.
	5 	Compiled an C SDL Application template-project project, no problem.
	6 	Created a fresh C SDL Application template-project, renamed main.c
to main.cpp, tried to compile, no joy...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

		Mark Bishop