[SDL] minimize, maximize gives blank OpenGL screen

hampa hampa at toribash.com
Sat Sep 9 02:36:52 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have some users who report that their screen goes blank after they
minimize then maximize a program that uses SDL.

I know I receive a SDL_ACTIVEEVENT and SDL_APPACTIVE when this happen
but I'm unsure on how to handle this? Should I call SDL_SetVideoMode
an reinitialize SDL after the app is maximized again?

The latest users who had this problem was using a  ATI Radeon 9800
Pro 128Mb graphics card running Windows XP. We tried with SDL.dll
1.2.8 and SDL.dll 1.2.11.

Cheers,
Hampa
Toribash.com