[SDL] SDL_Video - Help with fullscreen, suppressed mouse

Damian Sobieralski dsobiera at asu.edu
Thu Sep 7 09:44:10 PDT 2006

Peter,

> SDL_putenv("SDL_VIDEODRIVER=directx");

 Although that did seem to allow me to record coordinates correctly,
when I disabled the cursor the mouse pointer seemed to randomly
jitter/jump all over as I moved the mouse.

> and fix it. Yes, this is another job to do when you're developing
> something commercial, but it pays for itself quickly.

 True. But I'm looking to use SDL for a small project so becoming a full
developer in it doesn't seem like a good use of my time.

 I like a lot of wha tI've seen in SDL. So, although it soured me a bit
on this project, I intend to continue to use it.

 BTW- I found a useful workaround (suggested by someone else). I removed
the directX command that you so kindly supplied. I enabled the cursor
(as clicks seem to work with it on) but used SDL_CreateCursor() to
create a customized transparent one.  Seems to work fine so far.

 And speaking of which, the docs on SDL_CreateCursor kinda.....uhhhh...
leave something to be desired.  Does anyone have a tutorial on using
this?

- Damian