[SDL] AltGr and other things

Simon Roby simon.roby at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 05:37:59 PDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Elden Armbrust <earmbrust at xero-soft.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I wasn't particularly sure if the AltGr was an abbreviation for
> the CtlAlt combination on your keyboad or if it was a single key in and
> of itself.  What is the usual purpose for this key?  That might clear
> some things up for me.  If it does function like the Ctl + Alt key
> combinations on our keyboards here in the states, then it's likely
> that's why you're actually raising 4 events for one keys press and
> release.  I'll do a little research and see how this key works at a
> lower level.

AltGr is what the right Alt is called on some keyboard layouts where
it's used as a second "shift" that produces an additionnal set of
extra characters when pressed (for example, on a french canadian
layout Shift+2 prints a quote while RightAlt+2 prints a @). Pressing
it should generate a right Alt event, nothing else.