[SDL] SDL_ShowCursor not working

Doodle doodle at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Tue Sep 27 06:33:54 PDT 2005

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
>>ive got an SDL app in a window running opengl, when the mouse moves over my
>>window, the mouse disapears. Show cursor has now affect.
>>Im using the latest version of sdl (1.2).
>>
>>any ideas why this could be?
>

> What platform?

Btw, speaking about cursors, I've also found an oddity, which affects
all the supported platforms:
I think that if SDL emulates the cursor (so, uses SW cursor), and the
video surface is a HWSURFACE, then SDL_UpdateRects() will not draw the
cursor, because that branch of the 'if' has no logic to handle SW cursor.

Also a problem is that if the user blits directly into the screen
surface (HW surface, again) using SDL_UpperBlit(), then SW cursor can be
overwritten/deleted, there is no logic to handle that.

I don't know if these are known problems, just thought that I may note it.

Doodle