[SDL] SDL_WINDOWID equivalent on MacOS X ?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Sep 27 02:58:40 PDT 2005

Hi,

> The SDL_WINDOWID thing I have no idea.

Well, after testing I know that even under Windows (XP) it does not work
properly. Only under Linux/GTK it does :((

>  Getting at the RGB data for a
> surface is easy though: lock the surface, and then access its pixels
> member, then unlock the surface when you're done. See here:
>
> http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/SDL_5fSurface
>
> You can also get at the pixels through pygame with the get_at
> functions, or with the surfarray module.

Numerous get_at() calls would be too slow in Python. I'll look into the
surfarray module to know if it lets me get a raw string representation
of the pixels that I could transform into a wx.Bitmap.

Thanks a lot for the answer,

Regards

Antoine.