[SDL] SDL internal: blit from 24-bit RGB source never optimized

Alex Volkov avcp-sdlmail at usa.net
Tue Sep 27 00:23:48 PDT 2005

sdl at zevv.nl wrote:

> It should be possible to use *some* acceleration here,
> although it is not the fastest format ?

Certainly. You might even be able to get your implementation accepted into
SDL :P. Seriously though, I have yet to get a single response to the patches
I sent.

> Yes, I found those, so I now make one extra pass after the JPEG
> decompression where I shuffle the data from 24 to 32 bit, and swap
> the R and B values; which is a *huge* speedup.

Exactly what I would do too. It is also a better way of doing things for the
long run if you have to render the same JPEGs multiple times.

-Alex.