[SDL] Mix_LoadMUS_RW

Elden Armbrust earmbrust at xero-soft.com
Sat Sep 24 17:19:33 PDT 2005

My mistake, I misread the original post. (Work tends to make one skim
more than usual...sorry about that)
As for Mix_LoadMUS_RW: You won't notice any difference (in reality)
between using a standard channel, and using the pre-allocated Music
channel from SDL_mixer.  If you use libvorbis/ogg to stream your audio
data, it won't really matter whether it's the music channel or an effect
channel (in the long run), aside from being short one channel (that was
allocated for your music channel).  devmaster has a streaming ogg (from
memory) article which uses openal, but sending the data to SDL_mixer
shouldn't be a whole lot different.  Hope that actually helps this time.
(Sorry for my misreading earlier)

http://www.devmaster.net/articles/openal-ogg-file/

-Elden