[SDL] GNU GCC 3.4.x problem with inline assembly on SDL

Roberto Prieto dm2 at mi.madritel.es
Mon Sep 19 23:50:08 PDT 2005

Hello Alex,

I dont use ebx on my code, so I dont store it to restore before
returning....
and the same piece of code works with GCC 3.2 & 3.3 but indeed, it does not
work with GCC 3.4...

when you said that ebx is stored on edi... do you mean that automatically
the compiler does this copy(ebx->edi)?
because it could be my problem... I have done testing and when I modified
edi.. the routine fails, so Im going to
store edi. Anyway, I will see the assembly code generated by GCC 3.2 & 3.4
and check the differences.

I will be out on holidays until next week so I can not respond you but I
want to thank you for your reply.

Regards
Roberto