[SDL] [OT] Sound and Music - memory mapped files boost.org

Tyler Montbriand tsm at accesscomm.ca
Mon Sep 19 17:12:08 PDT 2005

On September 19, 2005 02:23 pm, Andre Krause wrote:
> i just want to note that the latest boost library ( www.boost.org ) adds
> a set of iostream classes, that include abstraction for memory mapped
> files!!!!
boost.org looks like a very nice operating system, but I prefer linux.  ;p

Seriously, I'm glad there's people trying to make iostreams less of a joke,
but if all you want is a silly memory buffer, iostreams are overkill*10^23.
They also make porting hell, there still exist systems that don't support
them.  They're also not easily applicable to SDL, which has it's own stream
types in pure C.

Here's SDL_mmap 0.1:  http://burningsmell.org/SDL_mmap/
No fallback emulation as of yet.