[SDL] SDL and OpenGL

David Olsen jolynsbass at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:46:59 PDT 2005

>nehe.gamedev.net?
>Even a terrible stupid in graphics programming like me can understand
>Open GL with NeHe tutorials.

They very good tutorials. However, do yourself a favor and download the
source files that were adapted for SDL by Sam Lantinga, found on the
libdsl.org webpage in the OpenGL section. I had a devil of a time trying to
get things to work at first with OpenGL, since Nehe's tutorials assume you
are using Windows, and the setup routine to get things going is a bit
different - and of course, easier with SDL... :)
After you get the idea of how to establish an OpenGL window, Nehe's tuts are
really great. And the SDL versions of the code by Sam will help clarify some
things like how to load BMP, and how to use that to put textures on your 3D
objects, etc...
-Dave