[SDL] Sound and Music

Andre Krause post at andre-krause.net
Wed Sep 14 05:46:04 PDT 2005

i do not bother to have fmod sources, but i really want to have a
statically linkable library.
why? ok, i could just place the dll in the exe's directory, but then my
simpla plan to have a single exe file, that you can download and
instantly start out of your browser, fails.
sure, i really nice solution is to make an self extracting archive, that
extracts all files in a temp directory, starts the game, after game
finish cleans up temp dir. BUT: you need to know where to write your
temporary stuff, you have a startup-delay, and you probably could fill
up the user harddiskspace. not a good idea. i even would accept to
display a fmod-logo ingame or some sort of inside-exe-signature to have
fmod statically linked.

by the way, i managed it to statically compile openAL.. if openAL only
would receive more attention.... seems to me that openAL is quite alot beta.

what do you think? is it possible to convince fmod developers to release
static libs?