[SDL] What is wrong with SDL_TTF?

Ricardo Cruz rpmcruz at clix.pt
Tue Sep 13 09:38:02 PDT 2005

 What I suggested was to convert the TTF files into a bitmap format files and
then use the latter in your game. As you do, you have to convert the
vectorial fonts into raster bitmaps at run-time (yes, initializalition
happens during run-time).
 It would avoid making your code more complex, the extra dependencies, the
need for more processor (and yes, I understood it is only once per run), and
possible differences on the TTF renderer.

 If it worths it or not, it's your call. For me, it doesn't make much sense to
convert TTF into bitmap on the fly.

Cheers,
 Ricardo.

--
QOTD:
	"It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his