[SDL] [patch] make sure autotools worked

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Sep 13 00:16:15 PDT 2005

Mike Frysinger wrote:

> you're hacking around the real issue imo ... autotools dont abort with
> non-zero exit status without good cause (most of the time ;D)

Of course...

Sam just said that the current version of Objective C detection
is left that way (i.e. with non-zero exit status) in order for it
to work with all the old broken versions of autotools out there.

BTW; You should see the other hacks within configure.in then :-)

> if you do (for some reason) wish to continue along that route, the
> final exit
> status of autogen.sh should properly reflect the exit status of the
> autotools ... that is, it should only exit 0 if all the tools returned
> 0,
> otherwise it too should exit with non-0

Perhaps, but it's still going to fail here _every single time_ ?
And I would still want it to run automake and autoconf, even so...

Generating build information using aclocal, automake and autoconf
This may take a while ...
configure.in:2959: OBJCDEPMODE was already defined in condition TRUE,
which implies condition AMDEP_TRUE
   OBJCDEPMODE (User, where = configure.in:2959) =
   {
     TRUE => @OBJCDEPMODE@
   }
configure.in:2959: OBJCDEPMODE was already defined in condition TRUE,
which implies condition AMDEP_TRUE
   OBJCDEPMODE (User, where = configure.in:2959) =
   {
     TRUE => @OBJCDEPMODE@
   }
*** automake failed: 1

The bundled version of libtool doesn't build a "fat" dylib, either.
So for Mac OS X 10.4u, you probably want to use autogen.sh always ?

--anders