[SDL] AltGr and other things

Ingo Schmidt ich at der-ingo.de
Wed Sep 28 15:58:14 PDT 2005

Hello, all.
I am wondering is SDL_memcpyMMX() and SDL_memcpySSE() are actually faster
than plain memcpy() on any Intel chips. My tests of copying 1Meg buffer of
regular memory run on Windows 2000, 1.7MHz Intel Xeon show that the MMX
version is 2-4% slower and the SSE version is ~45% *slower* than a regular
intrinsic/inline memcpy() using "rep movsd".

Did anyone run similar tests on other chips and/or platform? What were the
results? I am really curious.

If these versions are faster on an AMD chip then they should only be enabled
for an AMD chip, right?

Regards,
Alex.