[SDL] Error compiling SDL CVS

Torsten Giebl wizard at syntheticsw.com
Tue Sep 27 07:10:36 PDT 2005

Sam Lantinga wrote:
>>It's supposedly in SDL1.3 CVS, though I haven't been able to locate that
>>particular code in it.
> No, it's not in yet.  I wanted to re-evaluate the pbuffer support and possibly
> pull it before integrating glSDL.

I've recently submitted patches to 1.3 to extend pbuffer support to
floating point colors, because currently the OpenGL color buffer float
extensions can only be done on a pbuffer.  I wonder what happened to it.  :)

If pbuffer support will be pulled out, it might make it impossible to
support floating-point color buffers at all.  I can probably think of a
hack to fake the creation of a window with floating-point colors, but
actually uses a pbuffer internally.  It will be messy, though.

A possible alternative would be just to redesign the SDL pbuffer API so
that it's out of the way of glSDL.  I don't yet understand why it would
be in glSDL's way, though.  :)  Does glSDL uses its own pbuffers to
handle SDL surfaces?

--
Eric Vidal
Lecturer / Graduate Research Assistant, DISCS