[SDL] SDL-1.2.9 amd64 assembly patch

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Fri Sep 9 22:18:09 PDT 2005

> Ack.  I'm going to reccomend holding off on that AMD64 ASM patch.  I just
> stumbled on a stability issue somewhere in the ASM blitters, specifically,
> one of the special-case surface-format converters.

I'm going to scratch it off my TODO list for now, then; if you or
someone else has time to fight with it, I'll put it back in my queue.

> None of the SDL test programs puked on it, so apparently none of them need
> that particular kind of conversion.  I haven't yet thought of an elegant way
> to test all these conversions, but if I do, could it be included?  The SDL
> test programs could really use one.

SDL12/test/testblitspeed.c has a million command line options so you can
force conversion between any two arbitrary formats. We could at least
write a script to call it multiple times if not automate it directly.

--ryan.