[SDL] SDL_SemWaitTimeout patch for BeOS

Jon Daniel forcemaster at gmx.net
Sat Sep 17 04:38:49 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 03:25:41PM +0200, Anders F Bj?rklund wrote:
> Unless I missed something, you can't even *build* the SDL.framework
> with the autotools/configure - only with the three Xcode projects ?

Currently that's true.  However, there is no reason this has to be the
case forever -- after all, Xcode is just a pretty GUI wrapper around
gcc and friends.

> >Looking at the existing support in sdl.m4, there are the --prefix,
> >--with-sdl-prefix and --with-sdl-exec-prefix options to configure.
>
> I'm not sure what kind of effort it'll take to teach autotools
> frameworks ?

I was thinking of something like (in the build-app phase):

APP=<path_to_built_app_target.app>/Contents/Frameworks
FRAMEWORK=`sdl-config --prefix`
cp -pr $FRAMEWORK $APP

since this is essentially what is done by the deploy target in Xcode.

> (but hardcoding /bin/ like that, seems that they don't *want* it
> "ported")

It's just one extra symlink needed in the framework distribution.
Ultimately, the question is: does the framework add the symlink, or
the developer?

> I just wanted the framework version of SDL to support "sdl-config" too.

Yes, I would really like to see this too.

-- Andras Salamon                   andras at dns.net