[SDL] Re: Borland C libs for SDL 1.2.9

Albert Fernández Marsal afmarsal at cirsa.com
Mon Sep 5 08:21:01 PDT 2005

<dm2 <at> mi.madritel.es> writes:

> What errors did you get when you try to compile SDL_win32_main.c?
> You shouldn't get any errors, is a quite simple file... but remember, you
dont have to link, only you need de
> object file (on Visual C it will be an .obj and with GNU C it will be an .o
file, I dont know Borland compiler but
> I think an .obj file).
>
> --
> Roberto Prieto
> MegaStorm Systems (c)
> http://www.megastormsystems.com
>
> ---- "Albert Fernández Marsal" <afmarsal <at> cirsa.com> escribió:
> >
> > 	I tried to compile only the SDLMain project with borland, but I must
> > use the C calling standard. With that SDLMain.lib included in my project, I
> > get a lot of errors due to the name mangling of the functions. I should use
> > the Standard calling convention, but then, SDL_win32_main.c doesn't
compile.

> > 	For the other question, when I used the 1.2.8 version, I included in
> > my project both SDL.lib and SDLMain.lib (provided with the sources) and put
> > the SDL.dll in the same directory of the executable file and voila, that
> > works!
> >
> > 	Thank you!
> >
> > 	ALBERT FERNANEZ MARSAL
> > 	www.cirsa.com

No, no problems when only *compiling*. I've created the .obj file, added to my
project, but I still get an unresolved external _SDL_GetError. Including both
SDL.lib and (SDLMain.lib or SDLMain.obj), this is the only function that makes
the linker complain.

Now I have the same problem with both versions of SDL (1.2.8 and 1.2.9)...

Thank you.