[SDL] no keyboard attached -> error

johannes raggam raggam at adm.at
Fri Sep 16 10:06:41 PDT 2005

Guillaume Denis <denis <at> cri.ensmp.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have tried to dynamically link SDL on Windows XP, by creating a dll
> this way :
>
> gcc -Wall -mno-cygwin -I"c:\SDL-1.2.7\include\SDL" -L"c:\SDL-1.2.7\lib"
> -shared pad.c -lSDL -wl,-add-stdcall-alias -o pad.dll
>
> I would like to put the dlls (SDL.dll and the created one pad.dll) in
> the working directory for simpler installation ; but if SDL.dll is not
> in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32, it is not found at runtime.
>
> How can I specify SDL.dll path ?
>
> Thank you, Guillaume

I am updating the post even if the solution I have found might concern
few people here (Java  developers).
I am using SDL.dll from Java through the JNI this way :

System.loadLibrary("bin/SDL");
System.loadLibrary("bin/pad");

I make no call to SDL from Java (my Java app calls pad.dll which calls SDL.dll)
but this way I can put  SDL.dll in a subdirectory of the working directory.

Guillaume