[SDL] A question about SDL_DisplayFormat()...

Brian Barrett brian.ripoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:43:04 PDT 2005

you misunderstand( or else i do, and im then screwed )

AFAIK, the surfaces you load are left near enough to the state they were as
a file on disk.

it is only when the blitting to the display surface occurs is conversion
done and , again as far as i have gathered, the conversion is temporary and
does not afffect the blitted surface.

this is needless to say, performance intensive.

the function

my_fast_new_surface = SDL_DisplayFormat( my_crappy_old_surface );

copys the surface, so the original is again, untouched.

maybe i misread you, but i hope this helps