[SDL] relying on SDL_Joystick constants ?

Guillaume Denis denis at cri.ensmp.fr
Wed Sep 7 07:04:10 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have noticed that some joysticks without analog sticks return JOYAXISMOTION
events instead of JOYHATMOTION events. I am going to make a backward
conversion but I was wondering if other oddities may happen.

If so, are they specific to each joystick model or are they some known strange
behaviour that I have to deal with ?

For example, I guess not any joysticks return the same constant for L1 button.
Are there better solutions that involving the final player or dealing with
a known database of configurations ?

Thanks,
Guillaume