[SDL] Re: could somebody just run this? (Michael, Benfield)

Thomas Omilian paccy at gmx.de
Tue Sep 6 13:31:25 PDT 2005

On Sep 5, 2005, at 4:55 PM, Thomas Omilian wrote:

>> #if SDL_BYTEORDER == SDL_BIG_ENDIAN
>

> Did you actually run the code? Did you change it with your fix and run
> that? Did you even look at the code? No. This has nothing to do with
> byte order. The code tries the masks in both orders and gets incorrect
> results both ways, on both a little endian and a big endian system. I
> emailed the maintainer of SDL_gfx; he can reproduce the bug and is
> working on fixing it now.
> Good grief...
> Mike Benfield

SORROWLY, I've taken half an hour to try your code out and find the
problem. What your DID NOT KNOW is, that I'm replacing your SDL_gfx-
functions with SGE-Calls, because I'm not using SDL_gfx. And yes, if
I did apply my fix and it worked as expected.
What YOU DO EXPECT is, I'm never took any time into your problem.
And sorry, after your post, I WON'T DO IT AGAIN !

Regards,
  Thomas Omilian