[SDL] SDL+Linux non root mode.

Omar Baqueiro obaqueiro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 05:34:07 PDT 2005

Hello, it is my first post to the SDL mailing list.
Here is my situation:

I am trying to download/install SDL libraries on Linux. The issue I have is
that I CAN NOT get root access so I need to install everything on my home
directory.

Now, I downloaded the last SDL sources, and I already run ./configure & make
succesfully. Now, when running "make install" it does throw an error (can
not create libSDL...a file, permission denied) because I do not have
permission to write to the /usr/lib directory.

What I would like to know is what file/line should I modify in order to copy
the lib and include files to some place on my /home dir (like /home/omar/lib
and /home/omar/include).

What I plan to do is to include the .h files and link the lib files using
gcc,

I *think* it is possible but I am not 100%, can anybody help me??

Thank you!

Omar.

--
Omar Baqueiro Espinosa