[SDL] I'm having some issues with SDL_Event.

Randy RSPjk at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 08:05:02 PDT 2005

Currently the screen opens and then shuts  down,but when it did open if I
pressed any key it would shut down.Can anyone help me?
#include "SDL.h"

#include "stdio.h"
#include <cstdlib>

bool k = true;
int main( int argc, char* argv[] )
{
 atexit(SDL_Quit);
SDL_Init ( SDL_INIT_VIDEO );
SDL_Surface* screen;
screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(1024, 768, 32, SDL_DOUBLEBUF| SDL_ANYFORMAT);
SDL_Surface* hero;
SDL_Surface* enemy;
SDL_Surface* helaser;
SDL_Surface* enlaser;
hero = SDL_LoadBMP("ship.bmp");
enemy = SDL_LoadBMP("enemyship.bmp");
helaser = SDL_LoadBMP("helaser.bmp");
enlaser = SDL_LoadBMP("enlaser.bmp");
SDL_Rect ship;
ship.x = 500;
ship.y = 579;
SDL_Event global;
enum state { UP = 2,LEFT,RIGHT,DOWN,STOP };
state image;
image = STOP;
while (k == true)
{

SDL_BlitSurface(hero,NULL,screen,&ship);
 if ( global.type == SDL_QUIT )
	  {
		  k = false;
		  SDL_Quit();
	  }
          while(SDL_PollEvent(&global))
		  {
      if ( global.type == SDL_KEYDOWN )
      {
        if ( global.key.keysym.sym == SDLK_ESCAPE )
		{
			k = false;
			SDL_Quit();
		}
      }

        if ( global.key.keysym.sym == SDLK_DOWN )
		{
	              image = UP;
		}

	  if(image == UP)
	  {
		ship.x += 1;
   SDL_BlitSurface(hero,NULL,screen,&ship);
        SDL_Flip(screen);
	  }
	  }
}