[SDL] Passing existing hwnd handle (windows screensaver)

Arne Claus priest at seraphim.info
Thu Sep 1 05:37:58 PDT 2005

Hi
I'm currently writing a small opengl+sdl screensaver for windows. The
problem is, that my main programming environment is a mac and I just
switch over to windows (virtual pc) to compile and test.
However - the screensaver works, but on some systems it's lagging
*really* bad, like 8 fps or so.
After what I found on the net about win-screensavers I guess (yes,
just a guess) it's got something to do with the window-handle windows
passes to the screensaver by commandline parameter (and which I'm not
using at the moment), because on the very same computer the
screensaver works fine when started as a "normal" application.

Now for my question: Is there any possibility to pass that window-
handle to sdl? I'm not that good in (read: I've never done) WinAPI
programming, so I would really like to stay with SDL, especially
after I've seen the Nehe-Tutorial for creating a OpenGL-window under
windows - I must say "I'm not amused" ^^

Arne