[SDL] threaded audio sync. (for the video heads)

Matt Flax flatmax at Matt.Flax
Thu Sep 1 04:02:43 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have thought of another way to describe the example I am after ...
for all the video heads out there, think of how you would sync. your
video frames to the audio clock.

Something like a thread capable library which synchronises callback
operation on the sound card clock.

In other words,
* a method to interface to SDL audio using multiple buffers (totalling
  to a delay of about maximum 40 ms).
* each buffer requests filling through the user specified callback.

the buffer could be an audio block, a video frame, or perhaps both ?

It must have already been done ... perhaps for video too ???

Any geeks freaked with et ?

Matt