[SDL] 1 frame per 2 seconds - what could be the problem?

D. Gyimesi dgyimesi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 07:44:58 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 11:27 -0300, J Inacio wrote:
>  Hi there.
>
>  It is a wierd behavior;
>  Maybe your driver is misconfigured.
>  I don't know anything about laptops, but, some time
> ago, there where some people with the same kind of
> problem.
>  Someone (I don't remember who) wich was a notebook
> related thing, wich is, the screen have one real video
> resolution, when you try other video modes, it
> stretchs it to fit in the screen real video
> resolution, wich can make the things to became slow on
> certain circunstances.

Hi!

The problem there is with the video mode, I assume.
My experience is that in the regular video modes (3:4 aspect ratio, ie.
1024x768, etc.), the rendering is much faster.
Did you try those SDL apps in both fullscreen and windowed mode?

Furthermore my opinion about mobile graphics isn't positive.
Anyway, the problem is around the video driver I guess.

--
Döme

        Home: http://dgyimesi.uw.hu