[SDL] Re: SDL_WarpMouse() and SDL_ShowCursor()

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Mon Nov 28 05:45:06 PST 2005

On Monday 28 November 2005 10.51, Christian Walther wrote:
[...]
> Here on Mac OS X (Cocoa), SDL_WarpMouse() does affect hidden mouse
> cursors (grabbed or not), and that makes perfect sense to me. After
> all, even though invisible, the cursor still has a position that is
> affected by mouse movements, is reported in mouse events, and can be
> read using SDL_GetMouseState() - so one should also be able to set
> it using SDL_WarpMouse(). If that's not the case on X, I'd consider
> that a bug (unless the other three properties aren't satisfied there
> either).

Actually, I'd also consider the X behavior a bug, althogh, if I
stretch (far) I can sort of understand why someone might have thought
it doesn't make sense to move an invisible pointer.

Either way, this is pretty much irrelevant, as this is apparently the
way some X implementations do it, so we'll either have to accept that
some SDL applications break on some/most/all X targets, or SDL has to
work around it.