[SDL] VIDEORESIZE and FULLSCREEN

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Sun Nov 27 03:14:55 PST 2005

On Sunday 27 November 2005 10.57, Michi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two problem witch my SDL loop:
>
> - resize is ok but sometimes, and only sometimes, when I maximize
> and minimize the windows, the 'Case SDL_VIDEORESIZE is not execute;

Are you sure? This certainly sounds like an SDL bug...

> - when I go in FULLSCREEN mode, the model's textures broke.

This is known and (I think) documented behavior.

You may lose OpenGL textures and/or other OpenGL state data as a
result of reopenning the OpenGL context.

Also, certain backends can lose surfaces at any time, because the
operating system steals the VRAM back whenever it wants to. (Usually
happens when the user swithes to another application.)