[SDL] Re: Surface coordinates can't be less than zero?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Nov 26 15:38:34 PST 2005

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 10:06:39PM +0000, Nick Stovall wrote:
> The problem with that is that when I blit the buffer to the screen,
> its X- and Y- coordinates will still be set to 0, just like any other
> surface.

I don't really understand the problem, because I've barely been paying
attention, but is it that you're trying to re-use the destination or
source  SDL_Rect(s) for other bitmaps (or during another frame) without
re-initializing them?

e.g.:

  dest.x = -4;
  dest.y = -3;

  do
  {
    SDL_BlitSurface(... &dest ...);
  }
  while (!done);

???

If that's the case, you simply need to remember to re-set the SDL_Rect(s)
at the appropriate time(s).

-bill!