[SDL] GL on photon, gem, dc, cybergfx...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Tue Nov 22 13:26:24 PST 2005

> I handled the NULL case since the beginning in ataricommon, so it should
> be OK as it is.

Oh, ok. Good.  :)

> Just a question: do you want to check for NULL in SDL_video.c, in
> SDL_GL_LoadLibrary() function before passing it to the video driver? Or
> do you want each video driver to pickup the right default value when
> NULL is passed (which I already do) ?

The video driver is going to have to handle it eventually, so it's best
to just check for NULL when it gets to the driver-specific
implementation of SDL_GL_LoadLibrary()...

We'll probably come to a point someday where some platform moved a
crucial library and we need to check two places or a system version
number, so having this in driver-specific code instead of an #ifdef is
useful for future protection.

--ryan.