[SDL] X11 unicode input...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Sun Nov 20 15:03:02 PST 2005

> I think, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that SDL doesn't fill the unicode
> field anyway for key release events because of the above reason and thus the
> patch cannot really be considered a downgrade.

Hmm...this is a good point. I was concerned there might be programs
relying on the current behaviour, as SDL currently DOES fill in the
unicode field on release, but (as the post you listed demonstrates),
this isn't reliable even in a 7-bit ASCII world.

> with:
> if (ic == NULL || xkey->type != KeyPress) {

I think I'll add that and commit the patch to CVS.  Thanks!

--ryan.