[SDL] Exit Lines in autogen.sh

Torsten Giebl wizard at syntheticsw.com
Sun Nov 20 02:32:39 PST 2005

Hello !

> they arent warnings if the autotools exit with non-zero status
>
> and if they are just warnings, then chances are it's a bug in autotools
> which should be reported upstream and fixed (if it hasnt been already)

I can test it more, but i got the latest SDL CVS version.

./autogen.sh
It did not get to the line please exec. configure now,
so i removed the exit lines, ran autogen.sh again.

./configure --enable-video-x11=no ....

make
su
make install

and it worked.

I used the --enable-video-x11=no stuff, just because
at the moment with the dyn. X11 changes it did not work
on OSX.

When using autogen.sh without exit lines i get this :

c3b3bfa6:~/tmp/SDL12 wizard$ ./autogen.sh
Generating build information using aclocal, automake and autoconf
This may take a while ...
configure.in:3026: OBJCDEPMODE was already defined in condition TRUE,
which implies condition AMDEP_TRUE
  OBJCDEPMODE (User, where = configure.in:3026) =
  {
    TRUE => @OBJCDEPMODE@
  }
configure.in:3026: OBJCDEPMODE was already defined in condition TRUE,
which implies condition AMDEP_TRUE
  OBJCDEPMODE (User, where = configure.in:3026) =
  {
    TRUE => @OBJCDEPMODE@
  }
Now you are ready to run ./configure

When using it with exit lines :

c3b3bfa6:~/tmp/SDL12 wizard$ ./autogen.sh
Generating build information using aclocal, automake and autoconf
This may take a while ...
configure.in:3026: OBJCDEPMODE was already defined in condition TRUE,
which implies condition AMDEP_TRUE
  OBJCDEPMODE (User, where = configure.in:3026) =
  {
    TRUE => @OBJCDEPMODE@
  }
configure.in:3026: OBJCDEPMODE was already defined in condition TRUE,
which implies condition AMDEP_TRUE
  OBJCDEPMODE (User, where = configure.in:3026) =
  {
    TRUE => @OBJCDEPMODE@
  }

Do these messages display an error or just a warning ?

CU