[SDL] Mac OS X and SDL/SGE

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Thu Nov 17 15:16:02 PST 2005

> I am trying to get SGE (SDL Graphics Extension) working on Mac OS X. SDL is
> working perfectly it's just SGE thats giving me trouble. Running `make` works
> fine, but `make install` fails because OS X's 'ld' doesn't have the option
> '-soname'. Has anyone had any success building SGE on OS X?

The link line is a little different for Mac OS X...here's an updated
Makefile. "make shared" will build libSGE.dylib, which, when linked
against, will be searched for in the same directory as the app's binary
at runtime. It'll still use the regular behaviour on Linux.

This builds...I haven't tried to link it to any apps, though.

--ryan.