[SDL] strange context switch when changing Window-Size

Koshmaar koshmaar at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Nov 17 08:23:38 PST 2005

> Hi there
>
> we are coding a 3d action shooter for Linux/Windows/osX, and since we
> ported to Windows via SDL we have a strange effect, when changing the
> Screen size in windows:
>
> (...)
>
> Then all Textures get removed from rendered Objects, and glLists wont
> render anymore, but the objects rendered through glVertex, are still
> visible.
>
> I suspect, that somehow an openGL context switch occurs, or gl gets
> reinitialized...
>

> any help is appreciated
>     Benjamin

Well, that's the way it is on Windows - you change resolution (or toggle
fullscreen) and you loose GL context - all textures etc. are lost. I'm
not sure why you've written this mail, but if you meant "my textures are
lost, how can I do change resolution without loosing them", then answer
is simple: you can't (on Windows), you need to relead all your textures etc.

AFAIK, of course :-)

Koshmaar