[SDL] sdl audio jittering

Gabriel mystml at adinet.com.uy
Mon Nov 14 15:42:44 PST 2005

> Ok. You can't in a clean way.
> I guess you decode the .oggs on loading and use them as sounds in
> sdl_mixer. Or something equally complicated. I haven't seen a *good* way
> yet.
>
> Good way as in.
>
> THE_Sound *s = mix_loadafilethatcontainsaudiodata("bla.mp3");
> THE_Sound *paralell = mix_loadafilethatcontainsaudiodata("bananarama.ogg");
> mix_play(s);
> mix-play(paralell);
> //be happy

Actually yes, I do it almost like you say. Ripping my source to show
only the relevant lines,

        Mix_Chunk* m_pData;
        SDL_RWops* pRWOps = SDL_RWFromMem(pResource->getData(),
        pResource->getSize());
        m_pData = Mix_LoadWAV_RW(pRWOps, false);
        [...]
        return Mix_PlayChannel(0, m_pData, 0);

Instead of keeping telling me that the thing I've been doing for ages
doesn't work, why don't you just try it and see that it works?

        --Gabriel

--
Gabriel Gambetta
Mystery Studio - http://www.mysterystudio.com