[SDL] Mirroring sources for SDL and its main helper libraries ?

Julian Peterson weaver at merold.net
Thu Nov 10 00:13:21 PST 2005

SDL_gfx isn't part of SDL, it's a 3rd party library.

That's a good example of why it was requested that people don't name their
libraries with the SDL prefix, even it it builds on and is solely useful
for SDL... it just adds confusion and a false sense of security.

Julian.

On Thursday 10 November 2005 8:07 pm, Olivier Boudeville wrote:
> Thanks Elden,
>
> I took your SDL_gfx and made a small mirror as well for the sources of
> main SDL* libs (ftp://ftp.esperide.com/LOANI-archive-repository/).
>
> However, small private servers such as mine are both unreliable and
> unknown, so maybe relying on an 'official' (and regularly updated)
> download mirror would be a good thing for SDL ?
>
> Olivier.
>
> Elden Armbrust wrote:
> > Olivier Boudeville wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> SDL_gfx has been unavailable for a few days now (at its usual
> >> address
> >>
> >> : http://www.ferzkopp.net/~aschiffler/Software/SDL_gfx-2.0/), and
> >>
> >> apparently the source of other SDL helper libraries, and SDL itself,
> >> does not seem to be mirrored, at least not in a well-known place.
> >>
> >> Maybe this could be done (in Sourceforge, or Savannah, or elsewhere)
> >> so that they be constantly available for download in their latest
> >> version, notably their sources ?
> >>
> >> Olivier.

> > It should be mirrored at
> > http://www.xero-soft.com/downloads/SDL_gfx-2.0.13.tar.gz by the time
> > you see this message.  It will only be the tarball, but should be
> > able to be opened with little or no hassle on just about any
> > platform.
> >
> > -Elden

"The elder gods went to Suggoth and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."