[SDL] about lciense

Michael Benfield leftfist at mac.com
Fri Nov 4 18:51:06 PST 2005

On Nov 4, 2005, at 7:36 PM, Jesse Meyer wrote:

> Last time I checked, 0 compilers come with a default install of
> windows.
>
> Wouldn't this make a lot of SDL-using software on windows violate the
> LGPL?

I've thought about this before and I believe that technically, yes,
they are violating the LGPL. But, it's not likely to get them in much
trouble because suitable compilers are readily and freely available and
if someone did come knocking on the door demanding the necessary tools
the developer could just hand him mingw or whatever. This is completely
different from these embedded platforms where the developer cannot
provide the user with the necessary tools.

- Mike Benfield