[SDL] System menu icon?

Stefan `Sec` Zehl Stefan.Zehl at sdl.sec.42.org
Tue Nov 29 13:20:34 PST 2005

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:51:52PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> I'm curious, who's to say which environments are 'exempt' from the LGPL,
> and fall under the alternate license?
>
> Would Sam (or someone) "bless" particular platforms (e.g., BREW), and
> list them somewhere (in the license and/or libsdl.org website)?
>
> And in that case, I suppose we'd want some kind of form, or other way of
> submitting a request, for when new platforms come out.
>
> And what happens when/if a platform 'opens up', later down the road?
> (Say suddenly all owners of BREW phones now have a way to upload apps
> directly, rather than purchasing them over-the-air... how will that affect
> the license?)

And do you really want to "reward" those platforms that don't allow the
user any real freedom with the special ability to obscure SDL in their
apps, while those platforms that do give their users at least some level
of freedom of usability are more restricted?

This is sounding more and more like a bad idea to me.

--
Steaphan Greene <sgreene at cs.binghamton.edu>
GPG public key: http://www.cs.binghamton.edu/~sgreene/gpg.key.txt