[SDL] OS X "Universal Binary" progress?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Thu Nov 3 19:36:44 PST 2005

> Has anyone made any progress on this front? I'd like to ship a universal
> binary version of my game (with frameworks inside the .app package like
> I have now, if possible) even though it will be awhile before the
> MacIntels ship.

Don't. Apple already broke binary compatibility once (apps built on the
first x86 OS they shipped won't even start up on the second OS revision
for the Developer Transition Kits), and there's no reason they won't do
that again before final hardware ships to the public...so for now, it
doesn't make sense to ship an x86 binary at all.

--ryan.