[SDL] No Sound Output

Chris Nystrom cnystrom at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 18:43:26 PST 2005

On 11/1/05, Timm Murray <tmurray-sdl at wumpus-cave.net> wrote:

> > Also, does this tutorial code work for you?
> > http://gpwiki.org/index.php/C:Playing_a_WAV_Sound_File_With_SDL_mixer
> >
> > If so, then you know you have a code problem, if not then it is
> > probably a sysem setup problem.
>
> The code opens a blank window for a few seconds, closes it, then segfaults.
> No sound is played.

How did you compile it? On linux I used:

$ gcc SDL_PlaySound.c -o SDL_PlaySound `sdl-config --cflags --libs` -lSDL_mixer

It compiles fine for me. When I run it, it starts up and opens a blank
window, and plays a sound, and then exits.

If you can not get this known good code to work, then I believe you
have a setup issue.

Chris

--
E-Mail: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom at gmail.com>