[SDL] No Sound Output

Timm Murray tmurray-sdl at wumpus-cave.net
Tue Nov 1 13:50:39 PST 2005

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 01:30 pm, Rasmus Neckelmann wrote:
<>
> > SDL_Delay( 50 );
<>
> You only gives your program 50 millisecs to play the sound before you quit.
> Try with a  while(Mix_Playing(-1) > 0);  instead of the delay and see
> what happens.

I've replaced the SDL_Delay line with the while loop above.  I'm now getting:

----
$ ./play_sound ../data/sound/explosion.wav
Playing file: ../data/sound/explosion.wav
Played on channel 0
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
----

There are a few seconds between the 'Played on channel' line and the segfault,
so it's probably happening after the while loop.