[SDL] SDL_mixer plays bad quality, linux play is good quality.

Laeeq Khan Laeeq_M_Khan at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:00:08 PST 2005

I am using a small SDL program to play a wav file using SDL_mixer library on a
Linux PC. What I am seeing is SDL program is playing a very bad quality sound (I
have tried all combinations of frequency, format etc).

But when I just type

play abc.wav,

I get excellent quality sound!!!

That tells me linux play command is using a different sound driver then
SDL_mixer, is there a way to tweek the SDL_mixer dirver?

Let me know if you know any way of tackling this problem.

Regards,
Laeeq_M_Khan at hotmail.com