[SDL] Scaling Images

Guilherme De Sousa g_hds at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 05:13:57 PST 2005

Hello,

I'm working on an SDL port of an old 8-bit game and
I'd like to emulate the same style of 3D view that
this game had.

Basically what I'm looking for is a routine that will
take a rectangular image, can scale it to a smaller or
larger rectangle but can also scale it to appear as
though it's in perspective. The screenshots here might
make it clearer:

http://wateraxe.demon.nl/alternatereality/

I'm currently using the SDL GFX library which works
fine for the rectangular scaling but can't do the
perspective scaling as far as I know. I've also heard
SDL_SoftStretch mentioned but haven't found much
written about it.

Can anybody point me to some code or examples that
might be helpful?

Thanks,

Guilherme