[SDL] Linking problems

Curtis Luk cluk at contextfreethoughts.com
Tue Nov 8 12:06:22 PST 2005

It's probably a relatively trivial problem, but I seem to be getting
this odd set of errors when I rename main.c in all XCode SDL projects to
main.cpp.  The error messages that appear when building the default
application are

ld: /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libstdc++.a(eh_personality.o) illegal
reference to symbol: ___cxa_allocate_exception defined in indirectly
referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib

ld: /usr/lib/gcc/darwin/3.3/libstdc++.a(eh_personality.o) illegal
reference to symbol: __Unwind_GetDataRelBase defined in indirectly
referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib

My current idea is to try and locate any duplicate sets of SDL and
reinstall a single copy, but I'm also not having much success there.
Any ideas?